Wescast Industries Inc. a world class provider of automotive exhaust solutions located in Sterling Heights Michigan is currently recruiting for and Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (EH&S) who would be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining environmental health and safety programs to ensure programs met or exceed applicable legislation, regulations, by laws and company directive for our 2 manufacturing plants.
THE EH&S Specialist needs to be an independent, self confident enthusiastic individual with attention to detail and organization whom can work in a fast paced environment.
Duties of the EH&S Specialist are as follows:
- Development, implementation and maintenance of the Health & Safety systems. Evaluating effectiveness on a continuous basis, identifying areas for improvement, corrective actions and follow-up.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Safety Systems. Evaluating effectiveness on a continuous basis, identifying areas for improvement, corrective actions and follow-up.
- Maintains management systems in accordance with the registered standards including ISO14001.
- Monitors environmental health & safety legislation and trends form federal, state and municipal sources. Assesses impact and recommending changes in programs, procedures and policies.
- Conducts and co-ordinates inspections and audits to identify environmental and safety risks and recommend improvements; internal audits, workplace inspections, housekeeping audits, etc.
- Review incident reports to ensure investigations are effective, root causes are identified and appropriate corrective actions are followed up on. Conducts incident investigation and recommend improvements.
- Oversee and participate on the health and safety teams and related sub-committees. Assist with action item identification and tracking.
- Liaise with others in the organization to share information, resolve problems and provide specialist support.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree in a related field with 5-8 years experience in Health and Safety with demonstrated interpersonal, communication, presentation skills as well as strong organizational, planning and priority setting skills to complete multiple tasks and projects.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Now