You are a seasoned estimating professional who has 3 – 5 years’ experience in a machining environment. You are an innovative team player who can successfully lead and interact with a variety of cross functional manufacturing departments including quality, safety and production. As Machining Process Specialist, you will be responsible for liaising with customers to develop quote drawings and specifications, participate in manufacturing improvement initiatives as well as sourcing contractors and suppliers to ensure business success.
Join Wescast today!
- Develops cycle time estimates and oversees machining quoting activities using a variety of tools to meet tight deadlines
- Review quote drawings, specifications and standards to determine quote parameters to support manufacturing
- Work closely with cross functional manufacturing group to gain agreement on quoting parameters for machining and feasibility to reduce cost and ensure business success
- Source contractors and suppliers, prepare bid packages, obtain estimates, recommend and confirm acceptance of tenders
- Assists in implementing new production cells and continuous improvement to ensure long-term customer satisfaction
- Machine prototype parts for delivery to customers which includes design and build of proto-fixturing; tooling selection and procurement; CNC programming and problem solving
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline
- 3 – 5 years of related experience in a casting and machining environment
- Demonstrated skills in communication and team based problem solving
- Ability to work flexible hours including overtime and travel up to 25%
- Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of material removal processes and related equipment
- Demonstrated competence in CNC programming, tooling selection, and fixture design
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic systems, GD&T and reading an interpreting customer part drawings
- Ability to use Solidworks and other 3D modeling packages
- Familiarity with grinding and design processes and equipment in a lean manufacturing environment
- This is an office based position in a foundry manufacturing environment
- We offer 3 weeks of PAID vacation after 1 year of service, a lucrative RSP matching program, group benefits including vision, dental, health, STD, LTD, and travel insurance
Wescast is committed to the equitable treatment of all people with respect to employment and services. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in a way that respects their dignity and independence by removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.